Courtyard Site Improvements Design
Client: honeywell aerospace
Honeywell International operates an aerospace manufacturing facility on a 12-acre industrial campus in Redmond, Washington. As an industrial site with a history of contaminated soils, Honeywell is required by the City of Redmond to maintain an industrial NPDES permit, regulated under the NPDES Municipal Stormwater Permit (MS4) program.
Campus buildings surrounding a little-used employee courtyard were frequently flooding, threatening sensitive manufacturing equipment and systems. Adjacent pedestrian walkways were too narrow for easy equipment movement and not compliant with current ADA standards.
Pacific Stormwater redesigned the employee courtyard for better stormwater drainage to alleviate water intrusion in the surrounding buildings and to be more aesthetically appealing to encourage employee use. The courtyard was designed to slope away from the buildings. Stormwater was collected, redirected away from buildings, and the discharge was diffused to a nearby open grassy area for infiltration. The new courtyard will provide Honeywell employees a shaded break area, an accessory canopy structure for team activities, relaxing landscaped park area with benches and a patio area for lunches. New pedestrian ramps and landings were designed that meet current ADA standards, and are wide enough to allow easy equipment transport between buildings.
• Structural, Clearing and Grading (Stormwater), and Tree Removal Permitting
• Regulatory Agency Coordination
• Site Grading and Evaluation
• Pedestrian and ADA Design
• Water Tightline Systems
• Drainage Design
• Construction Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (CSWPPP)
• Clearing and Grading Plan
• Plans Generated in AutoCAD
• Bid-Ready Plans, Specifications, and Estimates
• Survey Services
• As-Built Surveys
• Record Drawings
• Submittal and Change Order Reviews
• Pre-Construction Project Review
• Design Revisions
• Construction Observation and Inspection
• Erosion Control Evaluation, Monitoring, and Reporting